Thursday, December 8, 2011

Something worth being proud of

http://www.mercurynews.com/cupertino/ci_19501921

I'm in awe. Angela Zhang, I offer you my kidneys. You've ingeniously created a nanoparticle designed to target tumor cells in cancer patients, making an actual, legitimate contribution to the field of medicine, and you're only 17. I'm seventeen, for crying out loud! I don't think I could achieve something so brilliant even if I spent my entire life working on such a project.

It's not just that she's incredibly smart, but she has drive and a genuine interest in science--she's the epitome of a nerd, she embraces it. This is why the geek will one day inherit the earth (ha ha). Looks, they can only get you so far and for so long. You're given your looks; you don't work to achieve them. Making a difference in the world, that's something worth being proud of. Brains and drive. I can't even begin to describe how much respect I have for her.

THIS IS MY KIND OF IDOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment