Saturday, December 17, 2011

Shots by Bay Street Cafe


Taking a small break from studying for finals to write this post.

These were taken by a good friend last week after a very successful day of shopping at the local flea market and thrift stores. I was so happy with how they turned out, even if I looked a bit stupid in some of the other ones-- the quality of his photos just blows the rest of my blog away. (All my other pictures look so shabby now; I might as well just delete everything. I HAVE SUCH TALENTED FRIENDS.)

Chiffon pants: Flea
Shirt: Heritage
Velvet patterned scarf+belt+earrings: Thifted
Bag: DIY

Picture credit goes to Richard Ying.

THESE PANTS. I've mentioned them before, but when I was walking around the flea market by myself, I tripped over them about three times in the span of ten minutes. Now that doesn't sound too bad, but when you're by yourself surrounded by a bunch of people you don't know and you make a klutzy move like tripping over your obviously too-long pants that are anything but sensible for a flea market, you can't even laugh it off. Instead, you either act like nothing happened and trudge on or you go back to the spot where you tripped to look for the cause of your tripping and pretend that it wasn't your pants, it was a crack in the sidewalk or a rock on the road because God forbid you wear these silly looking pants and end up falling on your face; serves you right.
My life of embarrassment.

Another slightly awkward moment at the flea market:
A small white dog dressed in cute little sweaters and what not walks by with its owner.
Lady: (looking down) Woww, look at her!
Friend: (to me, thinking she was referring to my pants) Do you usually get compliments like that?
Me: Uhh I think she was talking about the dog...
Oh.

Anyways, here's a picture from the flea that he shot of this cute old couple slow dancing. They had an old fashioned record player that was playing, and there they were, just dancing in the middle of the lot. Aww.

1 comment: