Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas



We haven't had a Christmas tree in about five years! Having one just gives everything an amazing holiday-feel. I didn't even do most of the decorating this time; my friends came over for a Secret Santa exchange, so I just gave them the box of supplies and put them to work. Not bad. December 26th always has a sad post-Christmas feel to it though... I mean, what are we supposed to do with the tree now? It's obsolete, and turning the lights on at night just feels a little fake, not quite the same as it did the days leading up to Christmas.

Here's what my Secret Santa gave me: a "new friend." Har har har...No one seems to think he'll last more than a few weeks. They have no faith in my caretaking.







Some pictures from the last few days of Secret Santa and our family Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment