Saturday, October 29, 2011

Some excuses



...as to why I've ever so poorly neglected my blog.
1. College Apps

    The thing about first semester senior year is that even when you're done with your work, there is always, always always more to do: aka, college applications. It's like a haunting, hovering cloud that follow you everywhere. It's like a huge stack of essays, supplements, and deadlines that's constantly cackling and mocking me: "You think you've finished your work? Well, THINK AGAIN. You still have a dozen more essays and 231342 more supplements to write! Oh, and not to mention that these essays will determine the rest of your life, so no pressure, babe."

2. Procrastination, aka College Apps's best friend

    My first college app deadline is in two days. Procrastination is like those bewitching Sirens in the Odyssey that I can't resist because it's just so...seductive...And it's also the reason I'm writing this post right now. Go figure.

3. Tripods take too long to set up and fuss with
    And I'm too embarrassed to ask someone to take pictures for me.

4. Also, regarding pictures...
    This is me before school:

And this is me after school:
    No time to take pictures in the morning, and not in a mood to take pictures after school... Therefore, no pictures.


5. What to write about?
    Most of my recent posts have been more about some outfit or some things I've bought, and I'm okay with that because it's not a particularly personal aspect of my life. But lately I've been wanting to express ideas, thoughts, reflections or whatever else comes to my mind. Well, firstly, that's the kind of stuff you put in a diary. But I'm too slow of a writer to scribble all of it down, and my handwriting's so illegible, I probably wouldn't be able to go back and read it myself... Secondly, I keep forgetting the things I want to write about after I have those moments of inspiration so by the time I reach the computer, I've forgotten my epiphany.

6. Audience Size
    This blog doesn't reach a very large audience, so I never feel obliged to post regularly. Also, it's more for me anyways.

7. This Takes Too Long
    I'm not sure why, but I always have trouble aligning the photos and what not every time I post something...so it takes me way longer than it should to post something simple. Even those stupid faces up there^ took me forever to position.


No comments:

Post a Comment