Sunday, October 30, 2011

Senior Drive In, Dandia, and Milk Tea



Senior Drive In-- a privilege I've been looking forward to since I was a freshman and got to watch all the seniors drive by, blasting music, shooting water guns, throwing candy. And now it's hard to believe that's us.
Dandia-- You know that scene in Pride and Prejudice (or any Victorian-era English movie, really) where everyone dances in perfect harmony and they're all in sync and somehow all know where to step, and you'd wonder, how in the world do they all know how to do the exact same dance without crashing into each other? Well, Dandia wasn't quite that intense, but same idea. A 9 step dance ( I think?) that includes hitting sticks together, lots of spinning, shuffling, and rotating. I think I pulled my neck from spinning around so much. Still, it was SO MUCH FUN. I felt like literally every Indian person in the Bay Area was there (the tables behind us were completely covered with shoes at one point from all the people there. And when there was no space left, they went under the table. SO MANY SHOES.). 
Milk Tea-- For about a month and a half, I had this unhealthy, crazy, wildly out-of-control obsession with milk tea. I had it literally every day after school (and I mean literally--when you have a car, nothing can stop you). I can't even fathom how much money I spent on milk tea. I would start dreaming (okay not actually dreaming; I'm not psychotic) about it during my last period, and there were conveniently four places to get milk tea near my school on the way home. At one point I think I even started showing withdrawal symptoms when I didn't get my milk tea fix (a headache that magically went away when I took my first sip). Like I said, unhealthy.

But thanks some intervening friends (who saw that I had a bit of a problem), my milk tea cravings eventually gave way to a new obsession for soft serve cones. Still not exactly healthy, but it doesn't burn a hole in my wallet as fast as milk tea ($1 per cone vs. $3+ per drink).

No comments:

Post a Comment