Sunday, May 29, 2011

DIY Balayage/Ombre Hair

Before:

After!
The results of me and my $10 highlighting kit by Loreal or Clairol (can't remember exactly...) at 12 AM, on a school night.  I'm very very very happy, no, thrilled with the way it turned out (in part because I was just so damn relieved it didn't end up a monstrosity, or my hair didn't fall out, or anything like that). It's a bit more dramatic than what shows up in the pictures, I think.

Anyways, it saved me a $70+ trip to the salon and all the horror stories I've read of highlights/hair dyes gone bad have been in salons; plus if I messed up with an at-home job, I would've only wasted 10 bucks! While as if they had screwed up my hair at the salon, it would've been that $70 down the drain plus a lot of scolding from my mother. I'd never hear the end of it.

Credits to this girl/lady/woman/female (gosh I never know how to refer to young women without sounding awkward or offending or overly formal) for giving me the guts to go through with it. Easy peasy poo.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE HAIR, did you braid it to get it all wavy?

    cocoandgarcon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way! you did it!! looks sooooo good. I'm not brave enough to try it :)

    love, Peppie

    ReplyDelete