Saturday, February 19, 2011

Courtney's Cotilly


Some pictures from last night's cotillion at the Silver Creek Country Club. The place was amazing, with an entire panoramic window view thing behind the head table and fancy marble bathrooms. And the cake was delicious. Even the coffee was good, and I don't even like coffee that much. 

I didn't have time to go dress shopping, I've exhausted my supply of wearable cotillion-attending dresses, and so I ended up wearing some witchy-looking attire of a silky lingerie romper thing and some black sheer XL top and the whole thing just felt like something out of Harry Potter...

And maybe it was because my outfit was completely weather inappropriate, but towards the end of the night I started feeling achey and tired and shivery and by the time I got home I just wanted to pass out on my bed. Yeah, I'm sick, with the flu and a sinus infection (ewh, I know). I get particularly cranky when I have a fever because I'm constantly switching between being overheated and being chilly. At least the weather's miserable too, so it kind of sets the mood and I don't feel like I'm missing out. 

I actually feel loads better already (after my mother pumped me with about five different kinds of medications this morning) and now I'm just waiting for the movie Flipped to finish downloading so I can sit back and be lazy and snuggle up with food and blankets by myself and have a perfectly valid reason for being a lonely little hermit on a Saturday night (I'm contagious...stay away).
And here's another set of watercolor nails I did a couple nights ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment